Image Map

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

what's in my bag

I have been asked what kind of equipment I use and I thought I would do a blog post about it. I don't have a real specific reason why I shoot with Nikon, but I love the high quality of the equipment.  


I started off using a Nikon d5000. It is a beginning level dslr, however it was a perfect camera to learn. I use to get a little embarrassed when anyone asked about my camera, but then I realized that if I can get great, high quality photos on the d5000 it will just make me an even better photographer. 

Now, I shoot with a Nikon d600. I made the switch a few months ago and I have seen a drastic difference in the quality of my photos. I figured if I was going to be a professional, I better have a professional camera. 

I keep both cameras in my bag ready to go because you never know what might happen and I like to be prepared for anything. 



I have my stock lens (on the right), a 55-300mm lens (on the left), and a 50mm lens. The 50mm lens is always on my camera. I rarely take it off my camera. I have been saving my pennies and hope to be purchasing a new lens soon. Maybe a 24-70mm lens, or a 85mm lens. I haven't decided?!


I prefer to always shoot with natural light, however, it is nice to have something that I can control when extra light is needed. I use a Nikon speedlight sb-800.


My bag! I love my bag! It might not be the most stylish but it is extremely durable and protects my equipment, even from my little boy. It is a Clik Elite backpack. I take it everywhere I go. It has lots of room for my computer or ipad and I can even attach my tripod to it.

I always keep extra batteries and extra SD cards in my pack. I carry around my business cards, hair ties and bobby pins and even a lint roller. I also have an SD card reader for my ipad for quick and easy photo uploads. And of course my phone, I always have my phone. I use my phone for lighting and to accept payment when I am out on a job. It makes things so convenient.


1 comment: