Image Map

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

12 things happy people do differently / tuesday tip












I am always up way late, because I can't sleep. My husband says that I can't sleep because I am on Pinterest. But I tell him that I am only on Pinterest because I can't sleep. Anyways... I found this really cool article about what people do to find happiness. As I have started my business, I have been through a roller coaster of emotions. I have highs and I have lows and sometimes I drown myself in my lows. It is so easy to be critical and not give yourself enough credit. I have noticed that when I am not having as much success in my business, it is only because of ME!

1: Express Gratitude
2: Cultivate Optimism
3: Avoid Over-Thinking and Social Comparison
4: Practice Kindness
5: Nurture Social Relationships
6: Develop Strategies for Coping
7: Learn to Forgive
8: Increase Flow Experience
9: Savor Life's Joys
10: Commit To Your Goals
11: Practice Spirituality
12: Take Care of Your Body

The one that I am most guilty of doing, or not doing, is number three. I am constantly over-thinking everything, and comparing myself to other photographers and other business owners. I would compare my one year of experience to someone else's five years of experience and that would give me such self doubt but when I realize that the only person I should be comparing myself to was myself, I was able to grow in areas that I really wanted too.
Number seven was another one that I work hard to do. And it's not so much forgiving others, as it is learning to forgive myself. I have made many mistakes and when I let myself to forgive and forget, I can push on to the next thing without anything holding me back.



source: Mark and Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment