Image Map

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mother's Day Mini Sessions | Rexburg, Idaho

Last month I put together two days filled with mini sessions featuring mothers and their children. I really wanted to feature hard working moms and all that they do! And since it was the last weekend I would be living in Rexburg, I just thought it would be a great way to say thanks so all the great people I have worked with. 

I started looking for a location, and I have to admit that I had some difficulty finding the perfect location. After looking at many places, I decided that the Woodman Ballroom on Main Street in Rexburg, would be the perfect spot for me. It was simple, a large empty space and I could fill it however I would like. 

Thinking about the props I wanted to bring, I knew I wanted something casual and simple. I didn't bring anything too distracting but all of the props were really bright and light.  Below, is an instagram picture of what my set up looked like. I also had to bring in a large reflector to bounce back some of the light that was coming through the windows. 
Asking for a little help, was also something that was very important. It just so happened that my sister was going to be in town and I hired her to be my secretary for the day. I had back to back sessions and to save a little time, I had my sister sign everyone in and give my clients all the information. 

I want to share a few photos from one of my favorite sessions! Kaeli has a really awesome Etsy shop called Simply Sublime Designs. She and her friend, Tiana make the cutest newborn hats that I have used in many of my photos. 














No comments:

Post a Comment